Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fathers Day

Since James was going to be gone on Fathers Day we celebrated Fathers Day on Saturday. It was such a sweet morning. This is really the first year we have celebrated Fathers day and involved the boys because this is the first year Cason could understand. We all went and ate breakfast at a restaurant(super rare) and gave James his present and card. Cason had worked very hard to make a Fathers Day card for James so he insisted that we wrap it. It was so cute and he even signed his name. I was so proud of him because he had known James' gift for over a week and had not peeped a word about it...but as soon as I handed James the package Cason said, "Open your coffee cup, daddy". I just thought that was perfect, it was so sweet and innocent. We had gotten James a coffee cup with the boys pictures all over it. After we finished our breakfast we drove James to the airport and went home. Cason has not had any type of airport experience so it was neat to show him the plane or two we could see on the way in, but I really wish that he could go in and see James off like the olden days. So he was a little dissapointed because he wanted to see James get on a plane...but he quickly forgot.

No comments: