Cason on Bike Day at Preschool
I really do want to keep up with this. I can't say that I haven't had the time to write...I just haven't used my time wisely. However, I am turning over a new leaf. I've had a few eye opening lessons lately relating to using my time wisely and I hope that I can take them to heart and follow through. I realize that a lot of that makes no sense to you, the reader, but what you can take from that is that hopefully it really does mean more blogging! YEA! So enjoy. I can't possibly catch you up on our lives since Christmas but I will give you a run down.
The boys and I are 3 weeks away from the end of preschool. Preschool has been busy lately. We've had Spring Pictures, Bike Day, the Firemen came, and we had our Easter Parties. They have these two weeks and then the last week is their end of year program and Splash Day. Then we will no longer have T/Th mornings to get all our energy out. For me, that means I have to be a more energetic, active,creative mother. I need to find some fun and exciting things to do that are also cheap. So I used some time this week to start looking up surrounding pool hours, and opening dates, and library storytimes, etc. I plan to keep us busy. James is down to about 4 weeks. Then he will be home with us for all the summer fun:)
Cason is as talkative as ever. He has LOTS of things to say...to EVERYBODY he meets. The checkers at the grocery store are very sweet to listen to all the stories he has for them. They are also very sweet to answer all his many questions. He is so inquisitive. Every day is something new which is why I really need to keep up with the blogging. Because I can never remember everything and I need it to be written somewhere. Since the fireman just recently came to preschool and talked about 911 and what to do in an emergency we've been having lots of "emergencies" in our house. We are constantly acting out some emergency situation while he is the police or firefighter or whatever we need him to be. He currently has a lot of questions about God. He is such a logical thinker that he is having trouble wrapping his little head around the concept. He wants to know where exactly is God?, How can he see us if we can't see him? Can he hear us even when we whisper? Can we go see him? Why not? Does he fly? How can he see everybody? Is he like magic? Is he an angel? Well, mom, what IS he? YIKES!!!! Are you getting all these questions? I don't remember if I asked all those things as a child. So needless to say I am having to stay on my feet with him. Cason also is really ready for Cason to start conversing with him. They're going to have so much fun when Carter can really play all the things Cason wants him to play.
Carter, of course, has been his busy little self. He is talking a little more but still is somewhat behind on verbal skills. He makes up for it with all his motor skills. He is very active! He is definitely growing up and slowly figuring some things out about life. He is also having fun at preschool. His class has 3 other little boys just like him so they are having a blast....their teacher is amazingly patient. She enjoys watching them have fun. A week and a half ago he got tubes in his ear after about 2 months of antiobotic, lots of doctor trips, and ear infections. Hopefully, that will help him.
While I was on my blogging break we also had Spring Break. Cason got to go to my parents, Grammie and Pepaw, house with the other older cousins. The three of them stayed for 3 nights and got to go Putt Putt golfing, and to the children's museum, and did a whole lot of playing. Carter stayed here and hung out with us. We got to spend a day swimming at a friends house, and we also used the oppurtunity to paint Cason's room. It's very fun now and he loves it!
Then came Easter and I struggled with all the hoopla and making sure that Cason knew why we have Easter. I decided to tell him that we have Easter because God and Jesus love us very much. I thought that was a good starting point for a just turned 4 year old. He got that and I was pleased. Then we definitely had the "hoopla". How 'bout 7 hunts in 4 days? That means a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of candy! It was a lot of fun. Carter finally caught on after the second one. He enjoyed hunting...I don't know if he ever realized there was stuff in them...which is fine with me.
So, there ya go. I am going to try one more time to keep current. Maybe it will help that for the first time since Carter was born my scrapbooks became current(up to their birthdays in Feb/March). But, as you've read...we've done quite a bit since their birthdays so I need to get busy.
Good night~
No comments:
Post a Comment